Volunteer at Piney Lakes
Interested in Volunteering? Find volunteer opportunities and contact details for Volunteer Managers at Piney Lakes here.
Bush Crew Volunteer
Friday mornings, 8:00am - 10:00am
- Priority ares: Bat and Black Cockatoo Habitat Restoration Sites
- Regular upkeep of seedlings (mulching, watering, planting, guarding)
- Weed Control (learn what weeds are found in our area and help to eradicate them)
- Sustainable garden design and care
- Other odd jobs to assist in bushland restoration, as requested, within the Piney Lakes Reserve.
Contact: Environmental Community Liaison Officer, email@example.com for an interview and induction.
Environmental Education and Community Event Volunteer
Varying times during school hours, school holidays, Wednesday evenings and Saturdays.
Please note: Volunteers nominating for this position may require a Working with Children Check.
- Assist Environmental Education Officer to run guided group programs for students aged pre-primary - tertiary
- Supervise holiday and after-school programs for children aged four to twelve years old (varying days and times)
- Assist Environmental Education Officer by guiding bushwalks and building tours as alternate activities for large groups. Full on site training provided.
Duties include; event set up and pack down, interaction with children and participants, assisting with various guided activities such as bushwalking, collecting water samples, building gardens, worm-farming and other ad-hoc duties such as catering preparation.
Contact: Environmental Education Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org for an interview and induction.
Are you aged 13 to 17? You can volunteer here, too! Youth under the age of 18 (must be 13 years old or over) are welcome to volunteer. At your initial interview, a parent must be present to meet the EEO and sign agreement forms. You will then be inducted and invited to begin volunteering in the above position/s of your choice.
Don't think Piney Lakes is the right place for you? Contact the Melville Volunteer Resource Centre (MVRC) for alternative volunteering opportunities within your area.