Community Safety Service (CSS)
The Community Safety Service (CSS) is a highly visible, 24 hour, 7 day a week mobile patrol service that acts as extra eyes and ears for the community and police.
The CSS is a mobile patrol service that observes, monitors and reports suspicious behaviour to police. Did you know they:
- Can be contacted 24/7
- Patrol 24/7
- Share information and work with police
- Patrol hot spots to deter criminal activity
- Provide holiday watch patrols while you are away
- Detect and report graffiti, vandalism and maintenance incidents
- Can give information on safety and crime prevention
Aside from being visibly present, the CSS also does a lot of behind the scenes work in your community which helps to improve the safety and security of your local neighbourhood. Check out the services the CSS provide below:
How do I request a CSS Holiday Watch Patrol?
For security and peace of mind, you can register your property for a CSS Holiday Watch Patrol at no extra cost. Our CSS Officers will patrol your property regularly during the day and night while you’re away.
Register for a Holiday Watch Patrol or call the CSS on 1300 653 643.
What does the CSS do, how does it benefit residents?
- Patrol 24/7 to observe, monitor and report suspicious behaviour to police
- Meet weekly with local police to exchange information
- Provide targeted patrols based on information from local police and the community
- Provide police with information to assist them to investigate crime and apprehend offenders
- Provide information on safety and crime prevention
- Conduct Holiday Watch Patrols for residents at no additional cost.
- Report graffiti, vandalism and maintenance incidents
- Assist during storms and natural disasters
- Gather evidence for noise complaints after hours
- Support the local Neighbourhood Watch group.